Homelands is now open and operating in line with Scottish Government guidance.
Our offices offices are also now open between 9.15 and 17.00 Monday-Friday and 10.00 and 16.00 on a Saturday.
We continue to follow the strict Covid 19 cleaning and operational protocols developed in 2020 in reaction to the pandemic and will continue to do so until told it is safe to stop by the Government. This has meant that there are some changes at Homelands which we detail below.
Some changes we are making at Homelands to reduce our coronavirus risk.
The Scottish Government has now issued guidance to self catering operators regarding changes they need to make to their operations in order to re open safely. We have signed up to follow this guidance and will be adhering to it strictly, we have even enhanced the requirements in a few places. This guidance has changed a few things at Homelands so even if you have visited us before we advise you read this to familiarise yourself and your party with these changes. As the Covid 19 risks recede during 2021 we will gradually start to return inventory items, amend our arrival and departure times etc.
- One of the key changes we have instigated is a major overhaul of our changeover procedures, this has involved introducing a deep clean and disinfecting regime between each guest. Not only will we be spending more time wiping down all hard surfaces and touch points with virucidal disinfectants we will also "fog" each lodge with a non bleach virucidal disinfectant between each guest.
- The enhanced changeover procedures will obviously take us longer and we have therefore amended our arrival and departure times to facilitate this. We are now asking that you arrive after 16.00 and depart by 10.30.
- In order to reduce contact we will sadly no longer be able to personally greet you or show you around the lodge. Check in will now be self check in and keys will be obtained from a key safe at your lodge. Please make sure you have the code to the key safe which will be sent to you with your pre arrival instructions.
- In order to meet the enhanced disinfecting protocols for beds we will now only make up enough beds and provide enough towels for the number of people in your party as noted on our booking system. Our default position will be to make up the bed in the master bedroom in the configuration requested with the first single bed being the profiling bed. If this is not what you require or you have any queries please get in touch.
Covid19 - Temporary amendment to our booking conditions*
As at 30th November 2021
For Bookings Made between Friday 19th June 2020 and Monday 19th July 2021
The travel industry has received a lot of bad publicity regarding refunds for breaks that were booked during the lockdown period but could not be provided.
We are proud to say that since lock down was implemented on 22nd March 2020 we have refunded, moved free of charge or issued vouchers to the full value of the accommodation already paid to all affected clients.
As we move forward we understand you may still have concerns about the security of any money paid to us. Therefore, we are temporarily amending our booking terms and conditions for all bookings. These temporary changes are as follows:-
- Our non refundable deposit will reduce from 15% or £100 (whichever is the greater) to 7.5% or £50 (whichever is the greater)
- The dates by which full balances will need to be paid will reduce from 55 days prior to arrival to 27 days prior to arrival
- Our cancellation scale will change from
- 4-8 weeks prior to arrival: 50% of the total holiday cost
- 2-4 weeks prior to arrival: 75% of the total holiday cost
- less than 2 weeks prior to arrival: 100% of the total holiday cost will be retained.
- 28+ days prior to arrival full refund of holiday cost (less any booking protect premiums and non refundable deposits)
- 15-27 days prior to arrival 50% refund of the total holiday cost (less any booking protect premiums)
- 14 days or less prior to arrival: 100% of the total holiday cost
We have added a Covid 19 Guarantee as follows:-
- We have added a lockdown guarantee as follows:-
- We have added a shielding guarantee as follows:-
How to contact us.
Our office is now open Monday-Friday 09.15-17.00, however we still have a limited number of staff in the office so the phone may not always be answered if we are away tending to lodges etc. The best way to contact us therefore is by e mail. Click this link to contact us by e mail.